Friday, January 25, 2013

Tools for Clinical Success: Notebook and Clipboard

I would like to take the time here to provide recommendations to the sophomore class in regards to what you should bring with you when you begin your clinicals this semester.

The first item is a small notebook. One that fits in your pocket is perfect for taking quick notes, especially when your patient, nurse, or CNA asks you to do several things. I have also found using a small notebook as a great way to keep track of the vitals I take for several patients.

The other item is a clipboard. Last year I purchased a clear plastic clipboard from Walmart that works perfectly. I am able to wipe it down easily with a Cavi-Wipe if it gets dirty as well as hold several documents such as patient profile, assessment sheet, check-off sheet, and notes from my instructor simultaneously. Staying organized is important and is a mark of clinical excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment