Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thank God for Showers

Have you ever just felt grateful to be alive? To get up in the morning--to actually be able to get out of bed by yourself. To brush your own teeth and comb your own hair. Pick out what you're going to wear and eat whatever you want for breakfast. Drive your car to wherever you have to go...?

Whatever your daily routine is in the morning, don't be in such a hurry that you miss the fact that you CAN do these seemingly mundane tasks. Be grateful for the fact that you can do them. So many people in the hospital would give their right arm to be able to do what you and I take for granted.

This morning as I was riding in my car, I felt rushed and wished the car in front of me would hurry and get up the road. I was in such a hurry that I almost missed the beauty of the sunrise that was taking place all around me.

Let's make a habit of thanking God for the little things. Even something as simple as a shower. What seems like no big deal to us means a whole lot more to other people who can't, because of physical limitations, do what we do every single day. 

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice” (Philippians 4:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment