Monday, August 26, 2013

The Waters Shall Not Drown You

I know last year when I was a junior, there were times when I felt like I was treading water, trying my very hardest just to keep my head above water…and there were other times when my own strength failed me, and I felt myself sinking. It was in those times that I threw myself before the Lord and cried out for His mercy. I was like Peter who got out of the boat in faith, but then when he saw the wind and the waves, he was afraid. In his fear, he began to sink; he cried out “Lord save me” (Matthew 14:30), and Jesus reached out His hand and brought him up (See Matthew 14:22-32).  

You all have got out of the boat. You took a leap of faith and signed yourself up for nursing school, but you don’t have to wait until you’re drowning to cry out to God for His help. James says,“You do not have, because you do not ask” (James 4:2c). Ask for God’s aid; He is waiting for your call, and once you ask, have faith—trust Him that He will do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24).

2 Peter 1:3-4 “His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.”

Isaiah 43:2-3 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment