Tuesday, September 10, 2013

God Is So GOOD!

Isn't it good to know that we serve a loving God, who knows our needs even before we do? The other day I was feeling overwhelmed with all the things that were on my plate. I was feeling physically and emotionally drained from a long day. But before I even knew that I would be feeling this way, God knew it, and He orchestrated people and schedules so that one of my precious friends would be in the exact place where I was at the exact time when I needed some encouragement.

This friend of mine was bright and full of energy and love for the Lord. Her compassionate presence encouraged me that the Lord cared, and He was with me to bring me through and give me the strength I needed for the tasks at hand. My friend prayed for me when I needed it most.

Isn't it good to know that the Lord cares about us and can anticipate our needs better than any nurse does for her patients?

"And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:7-8, emphasis mine). 

No comments:

Post a Comment