Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Note of Encouragement: To Nursing Students

I can hardly believe that Christmas break is over and school is back in session. I remember the mixed feelings of excitement, dread, and anticipation which would overwhelm me at the beginning of each semester. Before life gets crazy, I would like to encourage some LU nursing student out there who is reading this right now to keep first things first. I know it's easy to get caught up in the busyness of school and clinicals, but always remember why you are here. Seek Him. Know that He loves you.

I know sometimes being driven and a go-getter can be lonely and sometimes discouraging when we find ourselves falling short of what we hoped for and expected of ourselves. One of the biggest lessons and best pieces of advice came to me by the mouth of Ms. Drohn after I felt that I had failed and the world was ending because I realized I wasn't perfect, which sounds as ridiculous as it was. She told me that there is only One person who's perfect, and if you're Him we've got bigger problems on our hands. Now that made me smile through my tears, but it really is true. Perfectionism is a good thing insofar as it pushes us to excellence, but it can be a burden and a hindrance if it causes us to rely on ourselves instead of Him alone who IS perfect. Now I don't know if any of that is helpful for you, but if it's not maybe you'll be able to use it to encourage someone else in your program.

Keep up the good work, LU nursing student! You can do all things through Him who gives you strength. Lean on Him. He has you in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment